To participate in the Hansen Summer Institute, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
NON - US STUDENTS:
(from underdeveloped countries or countries at risk of conflict)
- Be under 25 years of age with at least two (2) years of college/university.
- Have an academic advisor verify, in writing, the candidate’s English proficiency. (Semi-finalists will be required to participate in a telephone interview. )
- Have a valid international passport, with US visa, if necessary, by the time the program begins.
Preference will be given to students who have never been to the United States before but all qualified students are encouraged to apply.
(Students from any California university)
- Be under 25 years of age with at least two (2) years of college/university).
- Be an active student, in good standing, at a California college or university.
Successful applicants must demonstrate leadership potential by having worked outside of class in community service, another public service, or in a non-governmental organization. A letter of reference from such a group or organization is required.
This form is OPTIONAL - Whether or not you submit Form 8 will have no bearing on the selection process.All Hansen Fellows will participate in a two day Social Entreprenuership Workshop designed to inform Fellows about social entrepreneurship as a workable option for improving international economic development - a key ingredient for world peace