The Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and
International Cooperation will provide to all qualified applicants:
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the program, with shared rooms with participants of the same gender
- Transportation to/from the campus to all meetings and activities.
- Program materials
- Certificate of Participation
U.S. Students also receive:
- Round trip air fare from the participant’s home town to San Diego, California. (Not to exceed $500 for economy class)
- $1000 award upon successful completion of the program
Non-U.S. Students also receive:
- Round trip international air travel from the participant’s home town to San Diego, California.
- DS-2019 – Student and Exchange Visitor (SEVIS) fee
- Health insurance for the duration of the program.
What IS NOT Provided:
- The cost of an international passport.
- Costs associated with the U.S. visa application and interview at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate.
- The cost of a U.S. visa.
- Academic credit for participation in the Hansen Summer Institute (including fees or costs associated with academic credit)
- Health insurance for American participants. Verification of insurance is required.
Before the program begins students should check with their own university’s advisors and departments regarding academic credit for their participation.